During the month of April, Egyptians will take out their cameras and mobile phones and take pictures.
Pictures that talk to us, inspire us and give ground to the hope we have for no other reason except for being simply Egyptians.
Those pictures should explain why we have hope or at least why we can!
Add a small phrase to comment your photo.
The winner of the best combination of inspiring photo and comment will be awarded a photography course.
Duration of the Competition:
April 1, 2012 – April 29, 2012 at midnight
Who can participate?
- Any Egyptian living in Egypt
- This competition is not for photography experts, so no professional photographers
What are the requirements?
- Send one photo only
- Send a photo that you took yourself
- The photo must be accompanied by a short comment: 1-4 sentences maximum
- The photo cannot contain obscene or vulgar sights
- The comment cannot contain bad language
- You may use the language that you prefer to comment the photo (if it is not in Arabic or English, please provide a translation)
- The dimensions of the photo are free
- The size of the photo must not exceed 4 MB
How do I submit my commented photo?
Send an email to competitions [at] elmadrasa [dot] org with your photo as attachment.
Add the comment inside the body of the email.
Add your name and phone number and any other contacts that allow us to reach you.
You may send your photo starting the 1st of April and until the 29th of April 2012 at midnight.
Emails containing only links to an already uploaded photo will be discarded.
When will the winner be announced?
On Monday, May 7, 2012, El-Madrasa will announce the winner of the Commented Photo Competition on its website as well as Facebook groups and via its Twitter account.
What is the prize?
The prize is a photography course. Details to be updated soon.
El-Madrasa is not responsible for any photo copyright violations.
Each contestant is solely to be made responsible of proving his/her ownership of the submitted photography.