Philosophy 101: A course for those who Dare to Know and Dare to Change!
If you think there is more to life than just study, work, wedding, kids and having fun the rest of the time, then Philosophy 101 is for you!
Below are some very *useful* recommendations for whoever wants to join Philosophy 101:
Things to bring with you:
- Your questions about the meaning of the human being, society and the Universe (all of them, make sure you don’t leave any behind!)
- Your problems (if you are willing to learn through them and solve them once and for all. In Philosophy we don’t ‘patch’.).
- Your solutions (if you are ready to question them and to constantly test their coherence).
- Your dreams (if you do not surrender to them but grow with them).
- Your real Identity (not your name, or your phone number, not anything that makes us “part of the system”, but who you truly are).
Things that can hinder you:
- What the people think of you and even what the people think in general (you have the right to be different)
- All your comfort zones (Philosophy teaches about extending one’s limits)
- 99% of what you have heard about Philosophy and Philosophers (If many people repeat a lie, does it make it a truth?)
- Any diploma of any kind (Socrates was illiterate but he was a great philosopher, remember that).
- Ready-made answers (be very careful with these).
- Philosophy: redefining Education, fighting ignorance
- Beyond our IDs, names and masks: who we truly are and who is a true citizen?
- Freedom and Responsibility
- Virtue and Happiness
- Defining the Soul
- The mind: our prison and our key OUT of the prison
- Real citizens VS commoners
- Plato’s Ideal City: practical understanding
- And more…
Because they are afraid to know and afraid to change. BUT YOU ARE DIFFERENT.
Philosophy is about losing one’s fears. And if you are ready to know more and develop your own potential, this course is yours.
What does philosophy have to do with happiness?
EVERYTHING. Philosophy is the quest for happiness. It’s simple: if you are entirely happy with your life, you may want to skip reading this announcement, but you definitely need to come and teach us your secret!
What do we practically do in a course of philosophy?
We are looking for MEANING. If you have found the answer to all the questions you have, if the world and the human life are a simple equation with no unknowns, then this course will most probably be a loss of time for you. If instead, like us, you are still seeking and wondering, then you have a future in philosophy.
So, who said philosophy is about big books, old people and complex ideas?
If you ever meet the guy who said that, please let him contact us urgently: our emergency philosophy response team will attempt a rescue operation! Philosophy is simpler than you think! It is not about over thinking but about putting what we know into practice.
2 Months (8 weekly sessions)
Instruction language: English
PLUS: the first session is without registration and without fees, so you can come just to get an idea!
50 LE per month for Students
100 LE per month for Non-Students
To know more, please e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
On Tuesday, April 3, 2012 at 7:30 PM at Maadi Branch